SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#500150 - 08/11/20 06:22 PM how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I am curious...

are built in speakers on keyboards such as Yamaha PSR and Korg PA classified as monitors that give the "true flat sound" or are thy just basically the same as any generic Hi Fi Speakers to make the sound "good" ?

#500154 - 08/12/20 12:30 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I expect a pair of monitors with accurate sound to cost more than any of these arrangers. Additionally, a room where it’s used should be acoustically accurate as well, which can cost even more. I doubt that built in speakers are accurate in any way, also, I think, an arranger itself is adjusted to sound well with its speakers.

As some professionals say, even if speaker is labeled as “monitor” it does not guarantee much, especially when it’s not very expensive.

#500155 - 08/12/20 01:01 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Think of them as a TV soundbar or boom box, with manipulation they can be made to sound quite good, but are no substitute for a quality external speaker system if you are after accurate sound.
BTW: If you are setting up for recording it is better to use quality headphones to remove room & speaker box effects.

Bill

#500156 - 08/12/20 01:10 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Kabinopus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I expect a pair of monitors with accurate sound to cost more than any of these arrangers. Additionally, a room where it’s used should be acoustically accurate as well, which can cost even more. I doubt that built in speakers are accurate in any way, also, I think, an arranger itself is adjusted to sound well with its speakers.

As some professionals say, even if speaker is labeled as “monitor” it does not guarantee much, especially when it’s not very expensive.

I totally agree.

#500159 - 08/12/20 05:10 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Kabinopus]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA

Perfect description. The only minor exception I've heard is my Roland FP90 piamo. It is designed as a stand alone sub for a real console piano and does a great job. With its mic input I could go do a restaurant job with notjing else PA wise. I can't imagine doing that with an Arranger.

#500160 - 08/12/20 05:58 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Kabinopus]
Bachus Offline

I tend to disagree, new brands offer great monitors near perfect for recording way under €1000 a piece...

Just look for brands like ADAM and CEB. I think they offer a 7” monitor set of highest quallity at €1200 for both..

Thats still way cheeper then a Genos..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#500161 - 08/12/20 06:51 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
zuki Offline

I guess it depends on the quality of the keyboard/speakers. I have heard that keyboard speakers, such as my 1000, have a tri amped system, so the sound is much more detailed than regular monitor speakers.

That said, there is the Multimedia speakers that propose a tri amped feature.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#500163 - 08/12/20 08:52 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm retired and currently use mostly headphones, and the sound is fantastic. With headphones off, and utilizing onboard speakers, the sound is flat and often "tinny".

Quote:
That said, there is the Multimedia speakers that propose a tri amped feature.
Zuki, not sure what a "tri-amped" speaker system feature is, could you give an example?
Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#500231 - 08/14/20 05:50 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
zuki Offline

Larry, not an audiophile guy here, but there's a mid range speaker in keyboard speakers, from what I've been told, similar to headphones.

"Bi-amping" is the use of two channels of amplification to power each loudspeaker within an audio system. "Tri-amping" is the practice of connecting three channels of amplification to a loudspeaker unit: one to power the bass driver (woofer), one to power the mid-range and the third to power the treble driver (tweeter). The terms derive from the prefix bi- meaning 'two', tri- meaning 'three', and amp the abbreviation for "amplifier".

Edited by zuki (08/14/20 05:50 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#500232 - 08/14/20 05:57 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
zuki Offline

Symmetrical MTM design for superior imaging and precision
iLoud MTM uses a midrange-tweeter-midrange symmetrical design, with a pair of 3.5” high performance woofers and one 1” high definition, back-chamber loaded tweeter, which provides ultra precise, defined, point source sound that can’t be achieved by traditional 2-way systems at close distances. This means an even more natural, life-like sound, where the speakers “disappear” and you can focus on the music. It also minimizes the ear fatigue caused by traditional 2- or 3-way designs, where different frequencies arrive at your ear at different times. So you can mix longer, with less effort.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online